Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Chasing Shadows

Seek Me and you will find Me when you seek Me with all your heart
 The words that brought such life and hope long ago echo in my mind.
If I seek the Lord, I am promised I will find Him. I have many anointed words from those lips that give life. I can read them for pleasure or instruction or knowledge, but when I read them and receive them with the desire to know The Author I find that those words will satisfy.
I read and search and remember. I bring the Author my questions and my weaknesses. He gives me understanding of who He is, how He feels and thinks. His heart is mine for the knowing.
With this knowing comes a life that is changed and a soul that is restored. He gives purpose and fulfillment and the ability to love and know that I am loved. If I seek Him
I will find what I'm looking for.
If, however, I seek something else--a feeling, a knowledge, a status, an identity, or any "thing"--then it will either elude me and I'll never find what I'm chasing, or I will finally have a grasp on it and will quickly realize I was deceived--that what seemed to promise happiness or purpose was only a lie. I will realize that I was made to seek and find the Author but settled for an elusive shadow that had no substance--a false promise of fulfillment.
When I find myself wondering why my days seem so empty, why the "fulfillment" hasn't come, then O Lord, lead me back to You, the One who first sought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment