Tuesday, February 11, 2020

face to face

Fear had gripped my heart and wouldn’t let go. I was afraid of making the wrong decision, afraid of outcomes, afraid of what others would think, and even afraid I had misinterpreted my own heart. The fear was swirling, and not the sweet swirling of an autumn breeze. It was tornado size fear, and I was certain the only thing remaining when it was over would be destruction.
But then. God in His sweet tender way put these words in front of me.
Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you, so do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand...V13 For I am the Lord, your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you “do not fear; I will help you.”
I had read these words before, but I guess I missed the picture of what was happening: The Father, holding His child with His righteous right hand--the hand of power and salvation--then takes hold of the child’s right hand. Can you picture it?
Being held with His right hand while He’s holding the child’s right hand puts them face to face. The child is now facing the Father. He is holding the child close. Face to face...whispering, “do not fear, I will help you.” As I read those words over and over, His incredible peace and presence washed over me.
So maybe, like me, you need to hear this: your Father in heaven upholds you with His hand of great power, all while holding your right hand, drawing you close, face to face, whispering words of comfort and hope:
Do not fear. I will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment