Wednesday, January 1, 2020

What I'm Saying Goodbye To

With the new year approaching, I thought we'd start a list...
What I’m saying goodbye to:
Listening to the voice of shame
Overthinking and underlistening
Gauging my worth by someone else’s expression
Second guessing the Spirit’s prompting
Guilt over saying No to good things I know aren’t for me
Pride over saying Yes to things that are for me
Saying Yes and complaining the whole time
Saying No out of self-preservation
Saying Fine when I’m not
Rerouting conversations to myself
Taking someone else’s unhealthy relationship issues
personally
Assuming others are ok because of their feed
Avoiding the hard questions out of fear
Withholding the truth just because it’s difficult
Living on autopilot because living intentionally is too hard
Ignoring my own need because it looks sacrificial
Mistaking service for people pleasing
Mistaking self-care for self-indulgence
Mistaking pain management for true healing
Forfeiting God’s grace but clinging to worthless things
Forgetting what He’s done on my behalf
Forgetting who I belong to and His heart toward me

No comments:

Post a Comment