Wednesday, June 3, 2015

the river of delights

Wow.  I'm reading a Psalm this morning, because I read Psalms in the summer, and I read one that I promise was just inserted today.  I've never noticed it before, but it's such confirmation for what I shared yesterday.  God is so good.

They feast on the abundance of Your house;
You give them drink from Your river of delights.
For with You is the fountain of life;
in Your light we see light.
psalm 36:8-9
 
 
Feast, abundance, river, fountain...the message of God's extravagance and His "more than" nature is unmistakable.  He is more than enough and when we find our delight in Him He gives it abundantly.  In Him we find ourselves and find our soul's deepest longing. 
 
Drink from His river of delights today, friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment